Congratulations on having your SBMote device, our tiny one-button remote! We hope you will like this wonderful tiny tool, and you'll amaze your audience.
It is one remote model available in our shop at the moment. For more information, please check our SBMote product page.
Turning the Remote ON, and OFF and Using Apps
- Remove the battery tab before the first usage: SBMote is operated by a CR1632 battery. Some of the products are sent out with a battery tab that protects that battery - just pull the tab out if you see it.
- Turn the remote on: press and hold the button on the remote for 3 seconds to turn it on, LED indicator will blink.
- Pair the remote with your phone: first time, you have to pair the remote with your smartphone via Bluetooth. Go to the Bluetooth settings on your phone and look for "SBMote" in the list of available devices. On the latest Android devices, you have to tap on "Pair new device". Select the remote and follow the prompts to complete the pairing process. The LED will turn off when connected.
- Set up an action in the app: open the app you want to use the remote with and set up an action you want to associate with the button. Without this step, pressing the button will increase the volume on your phone.
- Use the remote: Once you have set up an action in the app, you can use the button on the remote to perform that action.
- Turn the remote off: When you are finished using the SBMote, press and hold the button for 3 seconds to turn it off, the LED indicator flashes 3 times then shuts down.
- Take care of the remote: The SBMote is small and can be easily lost, so be sure to take good care of it.
- When you already paired a remote, next time just turn it on, and it will connect to the phone.
The remote is designed to conserve battery life by automatically turning off or going into sleep mode when it is not in use. This means that if the remote is not paired with a device after 5 minutes, it will shut down. If the remote is not being used for 10 minutes, it will go into sleep mode. And if the remote is not awakened after an additional 10 minutes, it will shut down again.
You don't need to worry about the remote turning off during longer performances because you can easily turn it back on by pressing the button at any time. When you turn the remote back on, it will automatically connect to your phone.
Overall, the auto shutdown feature is in place to save battery life and make sure that the remote is ready to use whenever you need it.
Our apps are ready to be used with the remote, but we are going to add more and more actions. As an example, here are some actions you can already do with it:
- turn on standby mode on PeekSmith 3 to save battery,
- recognize handwriting from an impression board with PeekSmith 3,
- send text or other information to Glyphs for printing (PeekSmith and Labco Rainman),
- set a predefined time on an SB Watch,
- generate the prediction image in CubeSmith,
- switch between truth/lie in Card Detector by Benke Smith.
Do you have an idea for an action? Tell us, and we will add it.
Replacing the Battery
It is easy to install a new battery:
- open the remote with a knife,
- remove the old battery and install the new one, the plus side of the battery should be upward,
- close the case by pressing them together.